View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
Maybe the dog will be carrying more out than on its way in

Not sure where it became a "pack dog" only issue or if that is the goal or intent of most here.

Why do you keep ignoring the protection issue. Do you believe there is no merit to it?

tm
TM

Good point about not needing the dog food heading out. If that's all that it can carry though I'm afraid that it's not going to be much help with the meat on the way out.

I reread the thread in it's entirety tonight (yes, it was a slow evening). Allot of the thread is related to using a dog as a pack dog. Probably because SH mentioned in post #2 that he had requested a change to the regs to allow it. Regardless, that has been the focus of allot of the discussion.

I'm not trying to avoid the protection, or at least alerting, issue. I think that it has it's merits and to be honest with you I would sleep sounder in bear country with a dog in camp. In fact I'd be all for having a dog accompany you while big game hunting purely on that reason alone.

The concern that I have is the problems that could arise with allowing dogs to accompany you with the regs written the way that they currently are. Not allowing your dog to participate in the hunt or harass wildlife is much too vague IMHO. If that concern was addressed I'd be behind this initiative with my 100% support.