View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Hi everyone.I'm one of the guys that used to chase coyotes with hounds,I quit about 15 years ago.I used to use greyhound and irish cross, when I moved to the peace country nobody used dogs up here to chase coyotes.The first few years the coyotes would stand waiting to whip the farmers farm dog and buy the time they realized what was comming at them well it was to late for the coyote.If you have a good killing dog all you will have is a few small holes in the neck area to sew up.I used to love hunting with hounds and the dogs loved it to and it wasn't only about catching coyotes it was the love of the dogs also, to see which was the fastest hounds and alot of the areas I hunted had cattle and most wanted the coyotes gone.Coyotes need to be controlled and right not many people don't have the time to hunt them, in my area the coyotes are getting very brave and comming in the yards and killing cats and fighting with the dogs (not greyhounds)as you can tell I'm not a coyote lover and it will remain that way.