View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
So,,,go research every thread that starts off with I need to buy a rifle for my son, daughter, wife etc. Need a lower recoiling rifle, what do you guys suggest?

Every single one of you guys says 243, 6mm, 7mm-08, no one ever suggests a 30-06. Now i have never shot a 7mm-08 but have held a few in my hands is all. That being said Charlie, I f I had one of each then there would be no question marks now would there? I merely remember all the sound advise all you people have given in the past and if the 7mm-08 recoiled the same as a 30-06 one would think you guys would have suggested the 30-06 as a choice for a low recoil cartridge for the smaller to younger shooter, please hit search cuz i cant find a thread stating that, but search for the 7mm-08 and see how many times it comes up. That’s all im saying,,, just repeating what’s been the common responses in the past. Not saying its not capable

I feel the 7mm-08 is an excellent choice for recoil sensitive shooters. I’ve got one in a kimber sitting in my safe that the wife uses. It’s sporting a vx3 2.5-8x36 now in Talley rings.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 08-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.