View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I poured my 40'x50' garage floor in 2006, did relief cuts on every 10'x10'. My floor is 4"-5" and in 2 corners 7" because I had equipment that weighed 28000 and 31000 lbs on those corners. I have driven my 11000 lb forklift with a 5000 lb lathe on it or lifts of drywall, not a single crack anywhere.
I went heavy on rebar, and have always had the garage heated in winter. I really think that is the key, keep it heated.
I spent a lot of time on prep, tamped the hell out of it for 2 days with a 4 wheel vibrating tamper. I used elimination sand for a base.
I had my basement carpet stripped a couple years ago and there is not a single crack there either, but again I tamped it for 2 days and went heavy on rebar which is cheap if you look at the life of it. I poured the house floor in 2001.
Not all concrete cracks
I'll 110% guarantee you have cracks in your concrete. They may not be ~1/16" / 1/8" thick or the sort but you have cracks even if they are just hairline cracks. Just take a wet sponge over the surface of the slab and you'll see cracks appear as it begins to dry more cracks than you might be able to imagine (unless you covered it with a floor coating). ALL concrete cracks.