View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 PM

Default Anyone getting excited yet?

I'm surprised there isn't many threads going yet for this upcoming season. 3 weeks left and I'm getting pretty excited! September 2 leave for archery elk/moose hunt we're going to the same place we went last year. It was our first year in the area. We put over 100 Kms on our boots learning the area and finding where the animals were. I came very close on two moose, one I stalked to 34 yards from 400, and I had another moose at 10 yards. Unfortunately I got busted both times when I got to half draw. Had a bunch of elk encounters but nothing I could close the deal on. My hunting partner eventually took a cow elk.

All in all it wasn't until our last day of hunting when the bulls started coming to calls but this year we now know exactly where to go to find them so I have high hopes.

I'm starting to focus a lot more on archery than rifle. Maybe even losing interest in rifle all together. My bow isnt quite ready to go yet as I've been playing with tuning it which is completely new to me. But I've got a lot more days at the range to get her dialled in, in the next couple weeks.

Maybe a bit early, but good luck to everyone with whatever you're hoping to achieve this year.