View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
How old are you? Like 250???

The more you talk about this, the less I believe you and the more it's apparent you don't know much about how bullets work.

Next you're going to tell me you've never lost an animal in all your 200yrs of hunting......

I've worked with guys that knew everything and weren't scared to let everyone know about it, the more they told me about it, the bigger my smile got.

Here, read this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock
That article has contradicting arguments from several experts. Seeing as how even the experts don't agree on how much of a factor hydrostatic shock is, I certainly wouldn't rely on hydrostatic shock to provide the kills on the animals that I hunt.
I have used bullets ranging from Ballistic Tips, to Partitions to Accubonds, to the TSX/TTSX/MRX to hunt big game, and I have seen quick kills, and not so quick kills from them all, depending on the shot placement, and impact velocity. Based on past experience, I now use the TTSX in my 7mmstw whenever I hunt elk or moose, or on combined species hunt, because when driven at high velocity, they always seem to expand adequately, and they always provide more than enough penetration. When hunting deer or similar sized game with my 270wsm or 6.5x55 or my 243win, I use Accubonds, because they provide dramatic expansion, with plenty of penetration for deer sized game. I shot a coyote at 250 yards, couple of years ago using the 140gr TTSX in my 7mmstw, and the damage was very extensive, it certainly didn't pencil through without expanding, in spite of the animal being so small.