View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
If you had stated "first target, first 5 rounds, Kentucky windage", I might have scoffed. But..... you didn't say that.

Question: do you think that this challenge is easier with an appropriate peep, or with a (relatively) high magnification scope?
I choose the peep given the diameter of the circle allolwed. It made for a great sight picture, with very little frame around the target. Basically, when you see black, you pull the trigger. The rifle has a great trigger, isn't particularliy heavy, and has a good distance between front and rear sights.

I don't think high magnification scopes are the answer for this type of shooting at all, as they often cause a person to second guess thier first, best shot opportunity. A lower power scope, say a four or a six, with a heavy crosshair would be about ideal if using an optic, or a red dot with a large MOA circle.

As to what would be easier? Most likley a low power scope with a heavy crosshair on a moderate recoiling, lighter rifle, with a great trigger.

R.

Last edited by Rman; 02-02-2015 at 02:35 PM.