View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 AM

here's another one, but from the till aswell

I was at Cabela's the other month buying some shotgun ammo.
I grabbed 6 boxes of federal.
2 were 00buck 2,3/4
1 was 00buck 3"
2 were slug 3"
1 was slug 2,3/4

I walk up to the till say hello and hand over my shells, the kid working the till scanned 1 box of the 3" slugs then hit enter 5 more times, thinking they were all the same, but in fact each different type had a different price, the box kiddo chose was the most expensive one's so I immediatly objected and had to show her that there were a few different kinds of ammo in there and they all cost different. I then showed her she couldn't trust what the packaging looked like she had to scan each one cause they could all be different. Had she picked the cheapest ones in my pile, the 00buck 2,3/4 I wouldn't have said a thing lol. after I showed her that she had one of those "sudden realization" faces haha

but not really her fault I guess she probably wasn't trained adequitly, just to run the till, not to look out for the special things about buying from a store like that. and all the boxes looked prettymuch the same, all were that blue powershok packaging they used and if you didn't look a little harder you'd think it was all the same I guess.
but it makes me wonder how much expensive ammo got out of the store unoticed by her just scanning a cheap box and thinking ammo was all the same haha! I got the opposite treatment there!