View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Rack... I put three Bergers through a ram at 80 yards as fast as I could work the bolt. Just because him walking 10 yards and dropping was going to cause a lot more work for my day. He was dead on the first one but I missed the spine and shoulder so he never dropped. The last was a shot through the length of the body and guess what? That Berger exited - at 80 yards too. hmmm.
No doubt shooting an animal till he drops is my motto as well. I would do it with any bullet and dont like to give an animal much time to make many moves after they have been shot once.

I've never personally used the Berger, but I do appreciate its a great bullet for its purpose and seems to perform really well for those who use it.

What I do have an issue with is guys (few of em here) who dont seem to fully comprehend the subject throwing around nonsense about a bullet like the TSX. I'm not really about 'bashing' a different brand to make myself feel good. I like the TSX and choose to shoot it, but I also respect that the Berger is putting a pile of meat on the ground as well...