View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:13 PM

Default I call BS

Provincially appointed Peace Officer ( Sheriff F&W CO CPO ) needs to have authority from the Criminal Code and Firearms act to enforce ( investigate/search/seize/ lay charges ) any aspect of the Criminal Code as a Peace Officer ( duty to enforce ).

KENNEY says he is not in favour of criminalizing hunters and sport shooters in Alberta. Why would he then support his provincial officers in enforcing that legislation?

I carry my licence. And will produce it to a POLICE Officer on request when I have a firearm with me. A Peace Officer that requests it from me will have some serious explaining to do if they try to enforce legislation that they don’t have authority for.

Be polite ask questions. Get names and badge numbers. Remember that you are likely being recorded.

Complain to bosses in writing after if you think they were acting outside of their authority.

Not a POLICE officer or able to convince me they have “special authority “ Not getting to seem my PAL. They will have to get POLICE to come anyways.

Will do more research in the morning.