View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 12:42 PM

I envision using it while working a break line or large flat area, with the forward looking transducer mounted on my electric trolling motor. By sweeping the trolling motor left and right it would allow you to pinpoint where roving schools of walleye or feeding pike are and what depth they are at. You cast to the fish you see, watch your lure fall towards them and see how they respond. Rejections and you change it up.

I understand what you are saying about the cost. The transducer is an expensive piece. I just love the idea of being able to know the exact direction that fish are at, their distance, their depth, and how they respond to my lure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Panoptix like HB 360 and Lowrance 3D requires an expensive fish finder just to use it and then costs an arm and a leg after that though.

Neat looking technology but I also question its effectiveness. For example with the forward facing version(the one that most interests me) is only going to work when you cast in the direction it is pointed. I don't know about you guys but I am rarely casting in the same direction unless I am set up on the edge of a school of walleye or something like that.

What is cool about it would be when the bite is tough being able to track your lure and see if you are getting rejections or there just aren't any fish around.

When it comes down to it you can fairly easily spend 5+k on fish finder setups but is all of that really necessary(coming from a guy that loves this stuff and would own all of it if he could lol)? I view things like these as the things top level competition anglers would wan't/need to try and be competitive. As for just going out and catching a ton of fish and having fun, I can do that easily with the regular SI, GPS and mapping capabilites. Heck don't even need all that but I do consider it worth the money to have if you enjoy this stuff and want to become a better fisherman.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors