View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Peep is fine, just the elastic part can break. If your peep is not in the right spot when you draw, you need it (or the string) adjusted.

You should have a minimum 6 practice arrows and 6 hunting arrows. Don’t shoot the hunting ones more than a few times, just check that they are hitting where they are supposed to once you are done tuning and put them aside. Arrows (of any material) that are repeatedly pounded into a target can break on game. And I recommend you never stump shoot with a compound, you will definitely wreck and lose arrows.

Gold tip, Easton, black eagle, victory, carbon express all make good arrows. Once you find what works, buy a couple or several dozen, manufactures have an annoying habit of changing things and that means retuning or more trial and error.

Lastly, as you are running a biscuit (I do as well) you need to use offset Blazer vanes. No helical, no other brands, they will all warp and/or be noisy
When I’m doing a couple shots with my hood hunting arrows, should I put my field point in them? Or shoot them with the broad head so it is as if it were the real deal?