View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:02 PM

I can't realistically give an opinion of Alberta vs. other provinces considering I haven't done any fishing outside of Alberta but some of the stuff I watch on peoples fishing channels out east and to the west has definitely sparked some interest to sample some out of province waters. Won't be this year as planned with everything going on.

What I can say is if I had to never leave the province I'd be pretty happy with the fishing. We might have relatively less water to fish but most won't come close to fishing a significant portion of it in their lifetime. Of the fish we do have there is realistic trophy potential in all of them pretty much. If you are depressed that you can't fish out of province for a feeling that there is a lack of opportunity here I really feel like it's time to start searching a little harder.

Heck within a couple hours from my house I can catch trophy rainbows, walleye, browns, bulls, cutthroat, pike, perch, brook trout, lake trout etc. Extend that travel allowance a little further to target certain species and the likelihood of landing a dandy any given day or having a great day for numbers is pretty good imho.