View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy92 View Post
What’s everyone use for daily driver and hunting truck? I also go quading and camping in summer, I’m too indecisive on my next truck, I used to have a 2011 Ford F-150 fx4 but the box was too small and have the big center console with bucket seats was a pain to store the gun, I been to some dealers, I like the Toyota Toyota Tacoma for reliability and all the aftermarket options but I’m not sure if that would be to small or not and cannot get it with a bench seat? The base model Ford F-150 the XLT can have full 4 doors and 6’5 box with bench seat but I’m always thinking about the reliability, been to Gmc the can almost accomplish everything except having the full 4 doors with the 6’5 box. Let me know some opinions thanks in advance!
I have a 2013 F150 Lariat I use for everything. It has the 6' box. I have a 40" x 72" - 3/4" thick piece of treated plywood (was from a wooden box liner) I use for a ramp and a headache rack with a 2500 lb quad winch I can drop into the pockets at the front of the box for cranking moose and elk into the back. Works like a darn and I can remove it just as easily. I have a cap that sits on the truck the other 11 months of the year.

As for guns and the center console, I bought one of these for gun storage while hunting:

https://riflecaddy.com/products/rifle-caddy/

and it works quite well. It, and the gun(s) sit on top of the console. I quite like it and consider it a good investment.

We ordered this truck new in 2013 and I've put over 160,000 km's on it. A lot of that pulling a 24' trailer all over the pacific northwest and AB/SK/BC with no real issues to speak of. It's been extremely reliable.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***