View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
How long ago was that? I'm affiliated with the U of A so I have some idea of its inner workings. Staff are jumping ship like its the Titanic, they are hurting for money so bad their biggest income is the parking tickets. Millions of dollars are wasted for studies that prove nothing but written off as a learning experience because the tax payers are footing the bill. Even much of the so called safety programs are dumbed down so the student has the best chance of passing. The on campus WHIMIS is about half of what you get elsewhere. Most of the students are not even Canadian. There is speculation that this is because the U of A makes more money from a foreign student through additional grants from the Canadian Government than from a Canadian student. My understanding is the Engineering department is barely staying afloat because of all the disagreements, backstabbing and general turmoil.

The biggest thing I have noticed is information is only released if it can profit the University. If it could discredit another study or hurt of sponsor its pushed under the rug. Im willing to bet there is someone looking to fund this research, someone like "Beyond Meat" looking to push their own agendas.

She graduated in 2017....so just 2 1/2 years ago!! Top of her class as well.
As for the make up of the student population.....take a trip to UBC or U of T.......makes U of A look like Caroline when Terry Long was there!!

Possibly a tiny bit of due diligence on this topic would be in order!!