View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new LT View Post
Maybe to you my threshold of proof is low i don't think so. but for a fact your proof is non existent and everyone can see that ...

If you have been up there at least a month for the last 12 years you must have some pictures or some proof of what the devastation is could you post this?
Just saying that one post from one guy on one day is not conclusive proof of anything. When he was in the Ya Ha he says there was no horse sign. When I was there I saw actual horses. The areas we were in appear to be different. He doesn't have pics of horses in Ya Ha -- that doesn't mean they're not there. I don't have pics of the horses I saw there because I wasn't seeing this thread in the future. His lack of pictures is no more damning than my lack of pictures. There needs to be some real scientific research done before I'm going to be completely convinced of either side of things.

I'm not one of the ones talking about devastation. I haven't seen it and don't know and haven't specifically looked for it. That's why I said pics from August would be more informative than pics from May.

I have a ton of horse pics but stopped taking them years ago when seeing a horse back there became as common as seeing a raven. They're just always there. Now sheep and some others are talking JUST about Ya Ha. Others are talking about eradication. Others are talking about catching versus shooting.

I am talking about the entire area from the Rig Street vicinity south to the road corridor sanctuary west of Water Valley. Like sheepguide I believe in control not total eradication. I think the best way to do it is through selective shooting. You and others don't like the optics of that but I feel it is inherently more humane than trapping, transport and slaughter. The trapping plays better in the press than shooting but the end result is the same with the trapped animals experiencing much more stress. Hunting will draw initial outcry and protests but will go away shortly -- it always does.

Leaving them to just continue with no controls is not an option and it won't happen regardless of what law gets passed in Ottawa.

We have multiple different viewpoints coming in from all sides and it seems that most of us -- including me -- are mixing up who has said what and holds what belief. I hope I have clarified my position.

Marshall McLuhan

Last edited by sjemac; 06-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.