View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar270 View Post
Funny, those are exactly the arguments so many afraid of CCW in the states used, yet as more and more states go to shall issue laws, these fears don't play out.

In Texas CCW holders have a lower rate of criminal activity then the police, I suspect that holds true for a lot of places. The blood in the street didn't happen.

CCW is actually a great thing if guys get drunk and violent, it means there girlfriend might actually have an option of stopping the guy. Generally speaking in a physical altercation, most women will not fair well against a man, who is generally larger and stronger. A handgun on her person changes that balance drastically. The very things you are afraid of are the things I want CCW to counteract.
I guess it's really all about seeing the balance. The lawmakers and the soccer moms may only perceive people running around with guns and possibly committing crimes with them. On the other hand alot of crimes may be prevented by civilians being able to carry guns in public.

Depends on ideals vs reality I suppose. If no one had guns (yeah right) then there would be no crimes committed with them. That's what the lawmakers are going for, they're just not capable of enforcing it. In reality the criminals will have guns regardless or atleast a knife and their victims aren't currently allowed to carry guns and may not be able to handle a knife.

Interesting...