View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycr125 View Post
keep the handgun registry but get rid of ATT and range restrictions. handguns are what criminals want because they can carry them anywhere so keeping the registry will deter them from getting there hands on them, the difference between long guns and pistols is that you can't just carry a long gun around without anyone noticing. but i don't really see any benefit to restricting their legitimate use to shooting ranges, lots of people target shoot out in the bush or at their house.
Handguns being registered does not prevent them from being stolen. I'd like to throw this out there, According to the RCMP the registry data has been hacked 480 times, those are the ones they know about. With it being hacked maybe the registry is telling criminals where the guns are so they can be stolen. There is a good possibility the registry helps create crime. The RCMP are never going to admit finding evidence from a theft that the registry was used. That would kill their golden goose.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw