View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Did he buy the field model or the sporting one with adjustable comb.
Which range do you shoot at .Maybe I will take you up on your offer next summer if around Edmonton .
He bought the field model, no adjustable comb. It is a typical Turkish made O/U for that price range, he wasn't aware that Weatherby doesn't make their own shotguns, and that they have contracted multiple manufacturers to build their shotguns, and the quality varies with the manufacturer. We shoot at Camrose.

Quote:
best clays gun i ever had was a 70's win 101 20ga with broomstik wood. I shot skeet loads with m/f set up to 20 yds...about 30K rounds b4 i moved along to guy that had to have it more than me at the time.... fit / fit / fit is everything and the only thing ... convinced a perazzi owner when he asked to sell it and try a browning with all the stocks adjusters ... he went from about a 19 average to 24... most improved shooter at a couple of comps ... currently run a CX that has the same fit / fit / fit ... and the last thing you, still gotta be able to shoot...some are more natural than others at this
The most popular shotgun that I see at skeet or sporting clays is the 725, but the CX is getting more popular as prices keep climbing. The SX-3/4 is the most popular semi auto.