View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
LOL! I've been a sure thing shooter for my entire career (46 years now). I've never lost an animal and I've never taken a shot a running animal. The shoulder shot has always been my preferred shot but not always the one I've used.
Your comments on what antis think and meat waste etc is the kind of stuff I've put up with from my peers over the 46 years and never once from an anti. Not once including 11 years of broadcasting bang flops. That say anything to you?
Fair enough....just asking the question. I don't claim to know everything but do a have a fair bit of experience dating back a few years nontheless.
I ask the question because when I grew my flight feathers back in the early 80's I don't ever recall guys shooting for anything other than heart/lung. Well...actually there was the ''neck'' crowd back then, but they were fewer.
Not saying there wasn't the shoulder crowd, as your saying, I just don't recall.
I'm sure there was....my observations are my observations...so don't get you *** in a knot.
Am I wrong when I suggest that the TV scene has changed substantially to the bang flop ?
And, please comment on my difficulty in accepting wasted meat on an ungulate??
Big bears shoot all the shoulder knuckles you want....I'm sorry but I don't like the thought of intentionally wasting meat on an ungulate because that's the ''preferred'' shot.
My sound petty to you..... but not to me.