View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 AM

Default Poor treatment, sometimes par for the course

I am told it is not easy dealing with the public and sometimes the staff who find themselves making a living while in that role develop an attitude. I know I do not impress very well when it comes to appearances and fear I was being prejudged while in one of the establishments already mentioned in this thread. Fact is, I was being laughed at by one whole department of that store. This happened three times before I decided I had enough.
More out of spite than anything else I finally marched over to the counter of that department and purchased one of their spotting scopes. They did not laugh at my money.
To their credit, the people from that department began treating me very well after that. In fact, there was such a turn-a-round from the staff in the whole store I do not wish to name them here. Not judging a book by its cover is a lesson we are supposed to learn in childhood but somehow the sales staff there had to hear it from their sales manager.
I will not hold that experience against the whole store. By the same token though, I will not suggest that we all solve our differences with those who are jockeying for our money by spending more on them. A maneuver like that could only result in more abusive behavior.

Last edited by Rem - P14; 04-25-2011 at 01:14 AM.