View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 AM

I bought one as a package last fall for my first bow.

As a entry level bow I think it is great I shot it a lot over the winter 2-3 days a week. Hunted with it this fall was able to take 3 animals with it. I primarily shot it on the performance setting (because that is what it came set to) and I was shooting 70lbs with a 30in draw.

The difference between Performance and Comfort settings are significant feels like two different bows. If I was to do it over again I would go with the comfort setting as the performance setting is not very forgiving. I up graded everything on the bow starting with the rest a drop away rest is much nicer. the 4 pin sight would of been fine for general use and hunting but I wanted to play at longer distances so I put a 4 pin slider on it.

At that price point I don't know of any other carbon options.

All that being said I upgraded this fall to a High end bow from another company. Why because I shoot a lot and like to practice at long distance 80+m. The Carbon Icon was great but once I started learn a lot more about archery I realized that the bow didn't quite fit me right and that would limit me with the level of shooting I wanted to get to. Casual shooting and primarily hunting I think its a good option.

As everyone says have to get out and shoot one to see how you like it make sure you try both the comfort and performance settings.