View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 08:18 PM

Lots of little re-loading trinkets are coming my way too improve my ammo quality.

It "hopefully" will limit alot of possibilities of case & neck tensions & aliments things that happens in the "full length sizing process. I had some of this stuff back in my firearms days as I thinned it out over the years as I entered the archery sport.

Now I get a chance to refresh the inventory,,, and lots of ammo inventory at the same time.

All win win as I'm taking on the cartrage case stuff along with bullet specs too asort them into their user groups.

I did this back in my magnum rifle days, so time to up the game plan for the old school Odd-6 as it will "hopefully" improve consistency across the board.

The 178gr load development is showing promising results, I'll continue to build off of that in my load development #1 with the IMR-4064,,, then start on the H-4831 test #2.

Nothing like finding the best between the two powders,,, a few test primers on top of that.

Lots of reading as I check info on 2 other rifle powders too follow.

Don

PS: The sporster Ruger likes launching the 178gr rounds at recommended 2450 ft-per second by book,,, some where around 2380 ish from the short barrle.

I'm sure the 26" Remmy will show better results above that. This of coures is Nood #1... There are others above that with more ft-lbs energy that need checking out later on.

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 07-04-2017 at 08:28 PM.