View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 06:38 AM

Yes, Robert set it back as far as he could by "spring only" as these M-77 triggers are none adjustable. Ha.

It was around 7 too unknown lbs pull at first, its around 2 ish now,,, "but" it has no creap and is very consisten on each firing...

It will always be a bush & plinking unit as the other rifle I'm building up is more designed for the up and coming F-Class shooting... Its wize too choose a rifle that is closer to target shooting then trying too turn a so so quality unit unto one...
At least I see it this way, and by no means would I say it can't be done.

The same funds going into the Remington 30/06 LR opposed to putting into the Ruger would easily turn it into a shooter, but it just didn't seem practical too do this since it was not realy specific built for F-Class stuff.

Neither is the factory Remmy LR, but at least its a fraction closer.

I wanted to do the Savage 110 F-Class rifle at $2300 ish CND funds, but I would have too wait for 4 too 6 months on top of work over above that.

So this is where things get interesting,,, "buy or build as the end dollar works out too the same give or take.

The nice thing about a build is I end up with a unit that will fit me like a glove,,, lucky my friend has done all the trial and error too knowing what fits closest to this build.

Any-who. I like what Mike Miller & Stan Peyt mentioned about getting the human element up too speed...

Pick a rifle that challenges your every shoot too shoot as it trains your pumpkin too set up the same every time,,, it has too happen because these so so rifles are unforgiving when distance comes into play.

Most of us see this once we get past the 400 yard range,,, 600 and beyond is when our mind set really kicks in...
Trying to be consistent off the ground is a must as everything has too be the same since factory hunting / sportster rifles are "kind of" unforgiving beyond the 600 mark. "Some are,,, not all."

Attention to details had my pumpkin working double over time yesterday as it will today.

This factory Ruger pushes my mental limits like no other rifle I've owned even after getting it glass bedded and a lighter trigger spring,,, the short barrle and 10 too 11 lb rifle offers challenges on every shot...

"This is good as it keeps me well focused."

Half that battle will be taken care of when the Remmy enters this picture as I "hope" that my mind is keen on knowing what is needed too get set-up correct from the get go.

Because this hunting rifle is not forgiving, it pushes me even further too make sure I pay "full" attention too my set-up as I have too do this if I want too even hit the paper.

Being on paper is a must since it shows neet worth.

Missing the target is one thing, missing the back drop is another.

Like the F-Class folks said from the get go...

"You have too at least hit the paper if you want to come out too play,,, this challange starts at 400 meters and only gets tuffer too do at the 5, 6, 7, 8, and 900 meters.

The V ring is small, so getting too it is the challange all the time.

So practic practic practic with any rifle is good as it helps us hone our inner skills,,, "at least mine that is."

The lower budget rifles make it even harder to push our limits, hopefully we are able too find the quarks that make it tick as we push its limits as well as our own.

The Ruger is what it is, but it has my mind on task till the Remmy LR project arrives.

Don