View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:51 PM

Started off with 0.005 thou as I warmed up the barrel, I noticed pressure signs from the get go.

So I Re-check tho C.O.L. I found a more accurate way too do this by using tape on the cleaning rod as I bump it up too the barrel crown for a better reading.

Nice relaxing day at the range as only 2 other fellows showed up.

My grouping came together at 200 yards, so I jumped on the 400 yard target with a string of 15 rounds,,, then set-up at the 600 yard line for the rest of the day

My dial-up was a fraction low from the 400 yard too 600 mark, but easy too crank on a few more MOA's.

Spent the rest of the day chasing the wind poppers that were drifting on & off.

Not bad for a 18" sportster rifle as the BR bypods on the new Iron triangle resting plate keeps the optic bubble dead level from shoot too shoot placement.

Won't be long before I replete I the same thing with the Remmy Long Range as it will be in support of the Henry Remple bypod.

The grouping will be about the same, but it will be much easier to hold consistency with a proven system that will be easier too dial in.

Tomorrow will be the same as I try different powder charges too see if I can tighten things up a fraction more.

Don