View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Thought I would add my story. Been following this thread since 1/2 thru April just before Easter. Decided that I will give it a try after asking a few members on here a couple of questions and hitting YouTube and webpages for more info.

Day 23 and I weighed in this morning at 30 pounds down so far. Had to re due all my bad eating habits and start fresh.

I am a type 2 Diabetic and my AIC (3 month average fasting blood sugar level) was 6.9 and slowly rising. The doctor was concerned in March and put me on 4 Metformin pills a day up from 2 to try and stabilize me. After starting my diet I was getting dizzy very easily and after checking my blood sugars I was very low. So I cut out the 4 pills a day and went back to 2 pills and feel better. My blood sugars first thing in the morning have been averaging 4.8 to 5.6 which is way down from 6.5 -7.5 before.

The first week was really rough for me. Constant headache, felt like I was in a fog and suffering from withdrawal from bread and oatmeal and milk etc. They call if the Keto flu and mine was more like Keto plague and it was horrible.

I started to walk 5 miles a night after supper when I can and no snacking. Lunch time is more of a formality now as I am not starved to make it to noon. In fact sometimes my lunch will consist of tomatoes and some celery with dressing if I am hungry.

My daughter moved back home after a divorce last year and she is loving the new diet because she is celiac and Keto diet is basically gluten free.

Lots of benefits so far and total body weight is down 10%.