View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
2x... just imagine what a boost to the local economy this would be.
So would just forgoing the Olympic party and spending the money on valuable infrastructure projects anyways. I'd rather see a new hospital or some schools built over building an Olympic village. I could care less if a new multi-million dollar jumping facility brings in a few more Olympic level athlete's each year after the games are done. Nor do I really care if kids take up ski jumping because of the new facility. Nor do I think those kids will be permanently scarred by not having that opportunity.

Guaranteed this will come with an new all expenses paid arena for the Flames. Obviously they can't admit to that until they have the city fully committed to the games. Certainly not before the "non-binding" vote. Then it'll be "oops we've looked into it further and it turns out it'll be cheaper to build a new arena than renovate the dome...*snicker*"

No doubt this is going to happen regardless and its going to be a financial flop just like all the other big events recently. If the games were to be hosted at all it should be done as a country or maybe as a province and not by one city. Its just too much burden and unnecessary.

Final thought. Perhaps the gov't pension funds should be used to fund this great investment...