View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Personally I haven't fished a "pothole" stocked trout fishery in over 20 years,,, just doesn't turn my crank anymore (as my username suggests otherwise!!!)

But I fully support an expanded stocked trout fishery with several species of trout from exotics like tigers and splake to "run of the mill" rainbows in a variety of fisheries ranging from trophy quality to high harvest put and take opportunities.

The demand for recreational fisheries n Alberta is far higher than our wild and natural fisheries can sustain. Encouraging anglers to spend more time fishing stocked fisheries instead of wild fisheries (particularly for "exotic species" and harvest opportunities) will take pressure off our wild self sustaining fisheries.

So bring on the tigers and expand the hatchery truck fleet,,,,, and build more affordable golf courses too!!!! I always give a little prayer of thanks for golf whenever I drive by a crowded golf course on my way to lake , cuz I know every golfer is one less fisherman at the boat launch!!!