View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Look at post #6, to a new person to reloading, it may imply that H4831 and Imr 4831 are interchangeable, then it mentions Imr 4350 and H4350 also implying interchangeability. Now would a new person load those powder with the exact same charge, Maybe, based on that post I might have. If the Nolser book does not list a powder in their chart then a new person has no business using it until he has the knowledge base to make that decision on his own. Every powder has its own characteristics and will create different pressures. How would you feel if a newbie used your advice, messed it up by using your recommended powder but because you never told a volume/amount he went to the book and used a measurement for a different powder and got a bolt in the face. Giving a different powder with no measurement is even more dangerous then giving a measurement to a newbie. Just so your aware, lots of reloading sites do not allow sharing loads on a public forum for a reason, its bad news for everyone. Always refer to the book and start low and work up, looking for high pressure indication all the way through the work up.
My bad,I can see your point that someone new to reloading might take it that way,but I don't like to give out charge weights either as someone new to reloading might think it would be safe in their rifle.
Anyone new to reloading and even myself can always learn something new and it never hurts to ask for others opinions but a that's all they are, opinions.