View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM

I had a job in Rocky Mountain House and we worked through the night to get it finished....We finished up, and headed home to Calgary at the stupid time of 4 in the morning...I was driving back and my guys were fast asleep ..... I was starting to feel like a zombie myself and remember taking a longer than normal gaze out my side window ( To this day I'm not sure why cause it was pitch black out ) .....That's when I remember seeing a flash ....Like almost a picture burned in your mind but you only saw it just for a split second....I felt like I had just seen a deer feet from my face staring at me....without thinking I instantly snapped my head back to the road as I locked up my brakes..I remember thinking "there's nothing on the road what the heck am I doing"...but before my brain told my foot to let off the brake as I was screaching to a stop a deer showed in the headlights...the screaching must have scared him good cause his legs buckeled under him on the slick road when he went to lunge away...We came to a violent stop no more than a couple inches from the now fleeing buck....A second later onto the brakes and that deer would have likely been through our windshield....woke me up good.....still makes me wonder....