View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Just thought I would bump this thread as I am looking at getting a pair of wool pants to replace my Columbia Expedition Ridge wool pants.

I really loved my Columbia wool pants, have had them for probably 15+ years. The bottom of the pants are starting to fray pretty badly, so looking for a replacement as these pants are unfortunately no longer available.

I have another pair of wool pants that I ordered from Cabelas about 6 or 8 years ago, these are lined wool pants (in snow camo pattern). I really love the pants, they absolutely break the wind, but are essentially too warm for anything above -5/-10 or if I am spending the day hiking rather than sitting.

So I used the Columbia pants for temps between 5 degrees and -10 and days where I would spend most of the day hiking vs. walking. So I am hoping to find something similar that aren't overly warm, but still cut the wind and keep a guy warm.

I am thinking the Big Bill 18oz merino wool on the gost website or noticed that Cabelas has a Columbia Gallatin (unfortunately only snow camo) wool pant as well.

Thought I would see what the forum members have for reviews/thoughts and also whether the shipping issues from the Gostwear website have been resolved.

Thanks

DR