View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
So everyone this season will be my second time fishing spray lakes. I did last year and hooked up about 8 times in 45' of water off a sunken island. I got out there and lost my medium action rod, so I was fishing with my backup UL rod... and lost every one I hooked because I didn't have the power. It seemed to be all lakers though...

Im going back when the ice freezes up over Christmas. How come people fish deep on this lake? For the veterans of spray lake, why do you go so deep? Do you look for structure? Ive watched the videos on youtube, and they say to "go deep" but no one has an explanation for why.
Obviously I dont want spots I'm just looking for some tips on what part of the lake to hit up next. I was thinking the far south end...

Thanks in advance!
Reservoir with little side structure except for contours and depth changes. I find my best success in the past for lakers at Spray has been 60-80 feet of water off a point.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin