View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
260Rem, is that rear rest custom or store bought?
Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
It’s an Edgewood ... was purchased by a buddy ...from Sinclair (now also Brownells) in the US. I don’t know of any CDN dealers but there are similar styles available in Canada that are probably just as good. If thinking of ordering one out of the US, just get the empty bag. That heavy sand is pricey to ship.
The idea with the back bag is that it needs to be “firm” ... not much give so it retains its shape. That means it is best to use sand as fill. Other media tends to change shape under recoil which is not good.
Another thing I look for in the rear bag is a bit of space between the ears (like in one of my pics above)...because most sporter stocks are “rounded” on the bottom behind the pistol grip... and they fit better with the “space” between the ears. I think BR type stocks are more “V’d” on the bottom, so they probably fit better with less space?
EDIT: Not sure what brand the one in Chucks set up is...but I ve seen them at the Range and they look to have similar features to the Edgewood.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 07-22-2019 at 10:19 PM.