View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
Do you care to elaborate on the subject of missing firearms and the RCMPs' ineptitude? The sheer number of missing guns should be quite disconcerting to the general public.
Sure,

There are 180 RCMP detachments nationally. In addition there are approximately 150 specialized units such as Homicide, Drugs, National Security, commercial Crime, General investigations (vice), internet fraud, child exploitation etc. These units range in size of usually 8-20 members or the same size of small detachment. There is then 190 municipal and aboriginal police forces. Then there is the entire Canadian military, CBSA, provincial police forces, sheriff and municipal enforcements which are armed

163 stolen. So a conservative estimate would be a Detachment, municipal force, border crossing, or military base on. average has .2 of a firearm stolen every 15 years.

Over 600 lost. I imagine a vast majority of these are destroyed firearms which which were not properly reported or documented. Many police forces went to compete electronic reporting in 2005-06. If I was to guess I would imagine in 2015 the national chiefs of police decided on an audit of firearms in police custody.

Dennis Young loves asking questions that provide a certain response without providing the whole picture, much like an anti-activist. I also laugh when I hear he is a retired RCMP Member . He quit after 4 years and has been trying to prove he is better than the RCMP ever since. I worked on a farmer during high school and was also a short order cook. I guess I am a retired farmer and chef.