Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 06:11 AM

Default Advice Please

Hi y'all. Thank you in advance.

I am looking for some advice. I have been fly fishing for 2.5 years and I have not been doing very well. In that time I have caught 6 trout in total. At first I enjoyed the whole process of going out even when I would come up empty. It was new and was putting in time to learn a new skill.

I have to admit that I am getting a bit (a lot) frustrated with most of my trips are a bust. Not even a bite. Yesterday spent 6 hours on the Little Red Deer and all I caught was a full bag of trash I picked up along the banks.

When I first started I took a course to learn the basics after a friend introduced me to flyfishing. I watch videos and read books. I really don't know what I can do. I practice casting and believe I am decent now.

I have tried Elk Creek, Little Red Deer, Three Isle, Red Deer, Dogpound, Highwood, Oldman. Only had success at Three Isle and Little Red Deer. Most of these places I have visited multiple times and the day usually ends with me coming up empty.

I am beginning to question the saying "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work."

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.