View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 09:07 PM

Today I ran a hand full of 125's and 150's threw the Odd-6, lite loads as I find a iron silhouette/ furry critter charge in both categories.

A few week ago I finished of 2 boxes of Hornady 125gr "reduced load bullets in the 2700 ft-per second. They are some sweet for feather weight plinking. They are really designed for women and young adults too use in game harvest, predator and Deer would not like them as they have some zap down range. Super fun too shoot.

So this will be my home made load range for these 125's from here on in. Low recoil, reduced powder change, and all round fun too send down range from the 12 lb rifle.

Next up was the 150 grainers.
Some at 2600 ft-per second, and 2750 ft-per second.
The low Velocity 150's deliver some bite on the metal targets, the hotter loads put the spin on them.

I can see the hot 150's in the 2750 range filling my needs since they limit recoil apposed too the max at 2950 ft-per second if I remember, barrel life would last much longer too.

Next week of I'm doing the frugal Winchester semi pointed 180's as they have worked good for me over the years,,, Speer 180's and 190's as well.

Very lucky with the 1 rifle for all my needs as I started to rethink the furry critter getter 243 caliber, but this old school Odd-6 will have too fill those needs.

It all works out using the reloading table of much as it allows me too match charged loads too many kinds of bullets that are available in todays market.

Lots of Iron silhouettes targets too tip over in the next few months. Always good times when simple comes into play.

Don