View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 PM

I hear yha SSH.

At times we have way too much stuff, and getting out the door is hard to do when we open the door of firearms glory. Ha.

Of course we'd have our game plan thought out, but for some reason we are pron too second guess the other beautiful rifles that could substitute for a outing.
At least for me that is.

Any-who, the weather was raining, snowing and darn chilly as it adds too the good times. No big deal since enjoyment of just being out side is better than any day thinking about it.

The new too me Odd-6 was spot on accurate, but middle age Don was a bit out of practice. LOL

First time ever shooting a Ruger, and it fits the feel of my Remington / Parker Hail kind-of
At first the laminated wood stock felt big and bulky, but after a few placement warm up shots I took on the free hand thing.

24" barrel and weight factor keeps it on target, well balanced, and the 4 1/2 too 7 lb trigger pull is ok.
Even better with thick leather gloves on.

I was thinking a few days ago about a after market trigger for the Ruger M77 Mark II, but it ain't going to happen since this rifle comes factory ready too harvest and silhouette shoot.
It could be a match grade unit with some funds invest and time fiddle farting around, but why bother as it will do what I need it too do from 70 too 140 yards easy for the critter stuff.

I won't know till latter on how it plays out in iron target shooting till I launch a few more rounds.

It's too easy getting use too this trigger as it has built in creep too the wall, and a consistent let-off point.

Yes that the Muser bolt is not silky smooth, but I set my mind too fast hard full length jacking and it cycles like nothing. "No lully gagging getts'er done.

It ain't the best of the best, nor is it the worst of nothing as it fits me like a glove.

My long time friend hardly even used it, and he kept it in mint condition knowing it was not for him.
Not sure what made him think of me last year, but being a left hand unit might be part of it.

More too come as I volley some rounds down range, paper and iron as I heat temp the barrle too find out if it stays on track.

Tomorrow is 22 caliber time since we need too make sure there good too go for gophers and fall Chickens. Time well spent looking for furry critter tracks along the Rocky Mountain range too.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 04-22-2017 at 10:14 PM.