View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 07:11 PM

I kinda "waffled" a few times on and off on the caliber of choosing, but it will work out one way or the other.

My flip flop took me from 7mm-08, 6.5 creedmore, 308 winchester, 7mm long and short mag, and started thinking 6mm/243 one more time.

Mostly looking at normal cartrages as a own 1 rifle less the 22 and 12 gauge thing.

The old school Odd-6 is alot of fire power for coyotes, but it fits the deer and Elk category pretty good, hope that I get a chance to go after the Arizona wild boars with friends down there next year.

Old school will work on long distance target shooting too since the 30 caliber round has a massive selection of match grade bullets too choose form, around a 100 plus if I recall, pretty sure I'll end-up in the 165 or 175 grain hunting bullets for the critter stuff.

As time goes by I can lighten the size of bullet with age, Ha.

As I mentioned in earlier post that I fun shoot only, it allows me extra things too occupy my time since I'm not a TV fellow, I enjoy reading, visiting, quading, sight seeing, boating a bit and camping in the mountains,,, pretty much spend half my year in the Americas out-back away from man kind.

Glad to of found this forum as the fishing thing is going to be part of the plan.

Any-who, an idea like this comes too a few of us that slowly scale back, it can be any caliber of one's own choosing at the sport they take on.

Mine just happens to be the Odd-6 since it was my first game cartrage that I owned new back in the day.

Simple has worked well for me, so no need to push the limits beyond that I figured.

Don