View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Millsboy, You really need to try before you buy. For a first gun I would recommend the Rem. 870. Get it chambered in 3.5" Just cause you can. And leaves all possibilities open to you. They are cheap. so you won't be into this for a big pile of money if you decide that shotgunning isn't for you. And if you get to goin places with your pump gun. You will find your way into a circle of people that has all kinds of shotguns and most will let ya try a few rounds if you express interest. As you go you will get a feel for what you really do and do not want. Have 8-9 years and over 26,000 rounds into my 870 before I actually broke it. And in my hands, That is what most would call A miracle. I take care of my stuff don't get me wrong. But when it comes to using it's gonna get used like a rented mule. If you really do want a semi, The favourite in the circles I run in is The Winchester SX3. Each to their own in the end. Your developed preferance is gonna be different then the guy standing next to you. Good luck.