View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdiegomcduff View Post
By banning winter activity and spending some money posting the liability and the danger involved accessing these areas you put the responsibility on the citizen who is entering the lake. If the signs are very visible and very descriptive in regards to outlining the hazards you put the onus on the person(s). I don't believe that changing an environment due to a fault in human behavior is the answer. We all have a responsibility every day out in the field, driving or even walking from point A to point B. There are rules that must be followed in order to preserve life. Not aerating lakes because Joe Blow decides to get half torqued and run his skidoo onto thin ice is the wrong answer. When does it stop? We cannot bubble wrap and soften corners in life every time someone has blatant disregard for the law. RESPONSIBILITY is the key! This is my opinion and is somewhat my field of work. Cold winters happen, lakes can be choked out by vegetation and algae bloom lets let mother nature decide the result.
Well said..At the very least ,they should have made ALL Aerated waters closed to angling when ice is present..Say nov.1st-april1st IMO