Thread: New puppy
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Yep that's exactly what he is.

So far he can come, lay down, shake a paw, fetches his toys and brings them back, go in his kennel, off, leave it(drop whats in his mouth) stay( I dont teach stay, but he keeps sitting, or laying down until i tell him he's free) won't eat his meat supper until i let him, and I'm starting to teach him "center" where he walks behind me and comes through and sits between my legs. All one word commands with hand signs.

Now he has a severe case of ADHD so he leaves me hangin a lot lol. Training is a short 5 minutes or so. And he's no professional, but he's a little smartie pants.

I see people with Rottweilers that have to give them up because they're out of control. We're doing our best to stay on top of it. We socialize him with everyone we can, and in another month when he's had all of his shots, we'll start introducing him to other dogs.

His main purpose is a family dog so he needs to be able to compose himself.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Does he do the thing where you tell him to shake a paw, and both paws come up?

They learn. I've done all that with my new pup that I got at 4 months old. (still looking for a new home for him). I have mine leaving his food while eating with the 'leave it' command. It taught mine sit from both laying and standing. I taught mine 'place' which means to go to his bed. I don't have a kennel for mine.