View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:02 AM

Right now is a great time to be looking. Manufacturers are releasing their 2019 models and there are folks that are lucky enough to purchase a new bow every year. Bows don't hold value like a rifle, so 50-60% of new, for 1 year old bow is the norm. In 2017 I sold my 2016 Darton 3800 with a QAD and entry level sight and stab for $600 shipped; the bow was $1000 new. So last years flagship bows such as a Triax, Realm, Evolve, Ritual, or Hyperforce should be around $800 used with no accessories. Once you get into last years Carbon you should just around $1200-1300. The only company I believe right now that has a transferable warranty is Athens so if you buy used you will not have warranty for limb or riser issues. If you go new, then last years stock may be reduced but don't expect 30-40% off. 10% usually with maybe as high as 15% with a really poor seller from last year. You don't get into the 30-40% off until the stock is 2-3 years old and discontinued.

I agree with doing a face to face deal at a shop like Jimbows or Accurate and pay the $30-40 for them to do an inspection. If that can not be done, then I would make it clear to the seller that you will be taking it to a shop to remove it from the shipping package and have a tech inspect the bow. See if he will agree in PM to a 3 day no questions asked refund and return where you pay the return shipping. This will normally weed out the sellers being less than honest on the bows condition. Also the nice thing about used as the bow has already taken the "hit." So if you purchase a 1 year old used bow for $800 and shoot it for 6 months then decide it is not for you, you should still be able to get $800 if you decide to sell it and try something else.

Good Luck and have fun