View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
And THAT^^ is where you are absolutely unequivocally wrong!
In a free society,we don't need laws that grant permission for every conceivable action and activity,rather,we have laws that prohibit acts.
I don't need permission nor a law that says I can legally walk down 17th Ave chewing bubble gum and blowing bubbles.
If you find that a disgusting behavior,then you are free to lobby the govt to enact a law that prohibits blowing bubbles in public....ya see how that works??

Here's the issue...again....sighhhhh

When the Firearms Act was drafted,the great minds that be presumed that if they made it illegal to TRANSPORTyour restricted firearm to essentially anywhere other then a CFO approved range,then by default,it would seem logical that one would only be allowed to discharge said restricted firearm at said CFO ranges.

What they completely overlooked and therefore failed to address was the possibility that some RPAL holders and restricted owners who are in a somewhat unique living situation wherein they live in a rural area where the discharge of firearms from your deck,kitchen window,bedroom balcony etc. etc. is perfectly LEGAL may actually be able to shoot their restricted weapons without ever having to TRANSPORT the firearm anywhere.

You can argue all you want,but the actual discharge of said firearms and locations where you may or may not legally discharge said firearms is not and has not been defined in the Act,it is only presumed that if you can only TRANSPORT the firearm to a CFO approved range then all other locations would be illegal by default.

It's actually mind boggling that you fail to grasp this simple concept,and actually very disturbing that you believe that laws are created that grant permission to perform any act rather then the actual fact of the matter that instead,laws are created that prohibit certain acts,and if something is not prohibited then it is in fact,again by default,NOT illegal.
If I want to ride my dirt bike some place other then a motocross track,then I am perfectly well within my rights to do so legally until such a time that legislation is enacted that prohibits the riding of dirt bikes at any place other then a properly zoned and licenced motocross track.
You just proved my point, Sec. 86(2) C.C. does in fact make it illegal to do anything that contravenes a firearms act regulation. That is why when to do contravene a regulation the charge section in 86(2) C.C. as opposed to section 15 of the Firearms Act. Your understanding of how the law and the firearms act is applied is very narrow and it sounds like you received most of your knowledge and training on social media and CGN.