View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylverCANADA View Post
The fact that you think this is actually a discussion is ridiculous in itself. If there is a need for clarification of the rules or how they are enforced there is a contact number for that. If you think the rules should be changed or inturpreted differently there is a platform for that.

If you continue to misrepresent what is clearly stated as the legal transportation and use of firearms by law, then yes, a question of safety does come to mind. So pretend to be self righteous all you want, but contrary to your belief, if you are not following the rules all you will do is hurt the firearms community and perhaps lead someone into legal trouble. Good day.
Again show me where I have misrepresented anything. No one is questioning the validity of transport laws. We all know what they say and mean. This is about discharge and trying to find laws that address discharge where transport isn't part of the equation. Why have courts & lawyers at all when all you have to do is phone a call centre to have legal interpretations made for you?

To me, discussion like this is good. Do you think we would have LAR-15 mags if everyone just shut up and took everything at face value? LAR-15 magazine use in Canada came about from people who discussed the law and found that yes magazine capacity is dependent on "the firearm for which the magazine was originally designed for".

All gun owners who use STANAG magazines benefitted from the few who dared to have the "ridiculous" discussions about magazine law. This is only different in that there isn't a product whose legality is in question, rather an activity.