View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
That is a good question. I find it quite reasonable and I am very recoil sensitive. I have an MDT Muzzle brake on it. Its quite loud but the recoil is not bad.

The reason I decided to build this rifle was I went shooting with my friend who had a 300 WSM. He was making good hits at 1000 M and I enjoyed shooting his rifle. It surprised me how moderate the recoil was. I was nervous at first the the 300 PRC would be alot rougher than the 300 WSM due to greater capacity and higher bullet weight. It isnt rougher at all. We have exchanged rifles at the range and cant tell any major difference between the two of them.

Both are Braked very well. My rifle as it sits with a Heavy Palma 26" barrel and scope and bipod mounted is 16 Pounds. I hope this helps
Good to know, I am looking at a fairly similar setup. The idea behind this build was to get a cartridge with the performance somewhere between the 6.5CM and 338LM. I am fairly consistent with my current rifle in 6.5CM out to 1000m and need more practice when pushing it further. I primarily target shoot, and want to ensure I remain comfortable. At the same time, I am itching for something new and want to push things a little further.