View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 09:53 PM

Signing in from Palm Springs were the only Whitefish here are fat one's that don't taste that good, but do they ever fight, my 3 iron has an stiff Steelfiber shaft to muscle them in.

In response to your Q .... I can get 4 rod's in my fishin/gun case, three rods have 2 w/w's pre-tied about 10" apart, darker on top lighter color on bottom.

I normally go with my most productive, the Y/O CandyCane & then Brass below. Red/Black & Dark Brown below. Then Red or Yellow & Pink below. My color combos change depending upon the day, sunny, cloudy, snow or mixed.

My 4th rod has the Y/O CandyCane on top with a Flutter/Slender spoon 10-12" below. I swap out the different flutter spoons as per my previous pic's and if it's slow I put on good old Vibro that normally gets some attention, they come in for a look, I drop the spoon/vibro to bottom & they normally inhale the W/W above.

I've mentioned this in the past, at times Whites turn away at the last second because they sense or see something they don't like. When I start to see this behavior, I either remove the bottom W/W or tie on a smaller size W/W. As an example instead of a size 8 hook downsize to a size 10 or smaller, sometimes that makes all the difference. When you raise your rod tip & drop it your W/W it now drifts down much slower, give it a try, you will improve your success.

As well, since I started experimenting with glow beads I now put one on all my W/W's, I find they help me see my W/W in Sylvan in 10-14 FOW & the fish see them too, as a result I catch more fish.

Trust this was helpful, wish you all the success this season.

Cheers

D.

California Whites .....