View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhammer View Post
I think the ABA side was thinking about hunting as a whole. Having no rules on certian weapons and the the guidelines for there use was a hudge oversite by SRD.

Dmcbride how would you define legal hunting methods with a spear or atl atl ? weapons such as bows and rifles have mechanical aspects that guarantee a certian amount of energy. How do you ensure that the thrower can generate enough energy? Surly you would want a legal min weight and cutting diameter what would that be? That fact that someone can sharpen a broom stick and go out hunting is rediculus and needs to be changed at a very minimum, for that alone I am glad the ABA brought the issue up. As I said before we as hunters should police and question our selves before someone else does it for us.
Fact is someone can buy a 40lb longbow and not be able to pull to full draw and use dull 7/8 broadheads and be legal. As a bow hunting association this should be more of a concern than a few guys who spear and atlatl hunt that most were archers who wanted to try something a little more challenging.

Do you honestly think there are guys out there running around with sharp broom sticks?