View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
I think a concept we need to drop is 100% safety, nothing is 100% safe. And both side are guilty of this and I think the because part of this problem was the dogmatic stance of the medical community that vaccinations are 100% safe, no side effects etc has in part made this anti-vac movement as much as anything. For myself, one of my sons and a nephew have nasty reactions to immunizations, my son would pop a nasty fever generally 2 weeks after the shot . The first time he such a high fever that he went into seizure he was still in the neo-natal unit about a week after they gave him his 3 month shot (him ad his brother were born at 27 weeks).

I'll tell you seeing your ~4 lb child go into seizures is more that a bit scary. A couple more more times about 2 weeks after the shot he would get fever seizures. After that we just gave Tylenol two times a day for the two weeks and it never happened again. But 20 years ago they refused to see any correlation and tried to treat him for epilepsy oddly now they do admit to a fever side effect.

If we give up the irrational idea that any medication is 100% safe we can then understand that there are risk but the overall benefits are so obvious that you still do it.

And the medical profession should be watching this like a hawk. Since immunizations affect basically everyone and logically we should assume that it is not 100% safe and be vigilant. Why , because this is a single point of failure , one bad move could cause another generation of thalidomide baby or something similar.
Completely agree. Willing to bet all medicines and immunizations have side effects. Can be something as simple as allergic reaction to major as in death. Some commercials are priceless when the medicine treats something minor yet lists a million side effects much worse than what is being treated.