View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:01 AM

My son called me last night, I have a few people waiting for an email address. Lucas has said that he may be able to go on sick leave EI or short term AISH and is not comfortable taking money from us.
I explained to my son that having money handed to you is never comfortable, after doing so many drives being on the giving end is always very rewarding and heartwarming, but I would imagine having that handed to you is a huge lump in the throat. I said to him that Paying it Forward is just that, use the resources available to you while you are incapacitated and when you are able to, give back when needed.
This young man is standing his ground though, and saying that with the help of his parents, with possible support from EI he 'should' be ok, although I am not sure he is really thinking clearly, especially with the possibility of what, $20,000 or more worth of implants having to be installed?
We gave him the link from Tirebob, thank you again, I am sure he will look into that as well.
The dental thing has me furious, why does AHC not cover it???

Hang tight for now guys, if and when he decides he is willing to accept our help I will update again. Of course a young guy like this saying he can make it on his own makes me want to give more. Quite the paradox.

Thank you for the generous offers on here and in PM, you members with the true hearts make the forum. You know who you are.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....