View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Ok, didn't know there were so many, The one I looked through was poor, glad they have improved or at least increased the options. I haven't looked through a bad Monarch and that includes old ones that didn't even specify a number.
I think they (Nikon) were forced to improve due to other name brands coming out of the woodwork with same or better lenses and warranties.
Vortex has a lifetime warranty compared to Nikons earlier Lifetime Limited Warranty with which I had displeasure of dealing with when my binos snapped pooped the bed. It cost me half of what I paid for them for repairs, I was none too happy.

What really brought me to the Nikon world of optics was the Omega scope for muzzleloading. 5" eye relief omg!!
My Encore was kicking the crap out of my other scopes and I was getting kisses from the scope. As well I compared the brightness to my Bushnell scopes and they didn't compare.

Since then (2005/6) Nikon has improved over the last decade imo in order to keep up to the rest of the sporting optics world.